Key Features About the Torpedo Pump
Our pumps are currently installed in the most demanding locations around the world. If you need a proven pump system for high purity water for any application, the Torpedo Pump is the best solution for the following reasons:
- Very high efficiency of up to 82% with a nominal of 72%. This efficiency is due to its multi-stage “turbine” design.
- Very high energy efficiency which will save you month after month in lower energy bills.
- No noise, due to the pump being in the water stream and inside the casing, there is no noise. You will have to check the pressure gauges to confirm if the pump is running.
- No ongoing routine maintenance. Our design requires no bearings to maintain, no seals, no leaks, no scheduled preventative maintenance, which adds up to problem free operation.
- Minimum skid space is required. The Torpedo Pump can be racked-up with the R.O. membranes.
- Very easy retrofit capability. If you are using the Torpedo Pump in a retrofit application, you can leave the existing R.O. feed pump in place for standby service and pipe the new Torpedo Pump into the system in parallel with the existing pump.
- Installation ease, you will have none of the alignment problems common to base-mounted pumps.
- Motor heat is rejected to the R.O. feed water, raising the overall R.O. system efficiency.
- 2 Gallon Per Minute – 1200GPM flow rate.
Our multi-stage turbine pump and its motor are manufactured in stainless steel and shipped to you complete. Each pump and motor are mounted in a pressure vessel with inlet and outlet connections, and electrical cable connections ready for installation on your R.O. Skid.
We have been very successful with this pump in both new installations and in retrofitting existing R.O. systems. In many cases, we can reduce by 50% the required horsepower requirement. We have units in the field that have been in service for ten years with no downtime.
Our reputation for product quality, performance, reliability and value is unsurpassed.